Please follow the care instructions listed on the product pages of our items.
In order to protect our ready-to-wear items and their couture savoir-faire, we advise you to take special care when maintaining them and use a specialist cleaner.
American Shield leather goods will become even more beautiful with age, provided the following key instructions are observed:
- Do not overload your bag
- Avoid exposing your leather goods to humidity and direct sources of heat (radiators, sun)
- Prevent any contact with alcohol (perfume, solvent) and greasy substances (make-up)
- Store your bag standing up in its felt pouch, filled with silk paper so that it retains its shape
- Avoid contact with rough or abrasive materials
- Prevent rough exposure to metallic parts as the coating may chip, and clean with a soft dry cloth
- Waterproof your leather good and maintain it with a professional leather conditioner regularly
- Take specific care of white or light-colored bags to avoid stains, as it is difficult to clean them
- To clean your leather goods, wipe with a clear, non-abrasive and soft dry cloth.
In case of contact with water, do not rub the leather: use a clear dry cloth and apply a gentle tapping motion to absorb the liquid.
If stains occur, dab the area with a damp soft cloth and leave to air dry. Apply a clear leather cream using gentle circling motions.
TO KEEP YOUR CANVAS PRODUCT BEAUTIFUL AS THE YEARS PASS, WE RECOMMEND FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES FOR ITS CARE :
- Beware not to scratch or rub your product against abrasive surfaces, especially the leather trim.
- Keep your product away from damp or humid environments and avoid direct exposure to sunlight, keep your product away from any direct source of heat (radiators, car interiors overheated by the sun, etc).
- Avoid contact with greasy substances, cosmetics, perfume, and hydroalcoholic solutions, as well as any material (magazines, other leathers, etc.) that may transfer their colored pigments onto the product.
- Keep your product away from water. Should it get wet or dirty on the surface, dry with a lint free, light-colored, absorbent cloth. Never use soap or solvent.
- If your lining gets dirty or in case of superficial stains, we recommend that you wipe it with a soft and light-colored cloth.
- In order to protect your product when you are not using it, store it in the felt protective pouch provided.
For any enquiries about your product, please do not hesitate to contact us.